Thursday, February 9, 2012

It is OK to be scared... it is not OK to stop trying


Terrified
By: Erin 

Being scared, shocked, petrified is not fun
For most, it happens on occasion
When something horrible happens
When someone jumps out from the shadows
When a dark realization sinks in

For some though being terrified is common
Running from what some consider to be commonplace
Bad memories, triggers, associations
To some it’s easy to assume we are fragile, strange, weird or weak
But how would you like your dark realization to sink in.....
….. Multiple times a day

So I’m just going to say it.
I might look fragile, strange, weird or weak sometimes
Maybe even often
But in those moments I am facing my dark realization
Headfirst
Not looking back

And yes, I am terrified.
Most of the time

To compensate
I cling to those who comfort me
I take a lot of baths
I allow myself to be fragile, strange, weird and weak
I tell myself it’s going to be OK even when it feels like it’s not
And I remind myself that by allowing myself to be:
Fragile
Strange
Weird
And weak
I am actually becoming strong


No comments:

Post a Comment