Thursday, February 9, 2012

Shedding Tears.


Tears
By: Erin 

My tears sometimes mean I am angry
They fall after a fight
They fall during a long night

My tears sometimes mean I am sad
They fall when grieving something gone
They fall when I hideaway withdrawn

My tears sometimes mean I miss my own mark
They fall as I fail in my own head
They fall as I feel lost and dead

My tears sometimes mean I am happy beyond words
They fall as I hear kind words and people smile
They fall after laughing with children for a while

Tears fall for many reasons
They fall on many days
They fall in many ways

Tears speak volumes of words I cannot express
And not always because I’m in crisis or distress
Tears are a language in and of their own
Tears help to make my feelings known

It’s easy to wish they would go away
But now that I understand them
I would rather they stay

No comments:

Post a Comment