Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I hate when things don't go my way.....


Body Image Meltdown
By: Erin 

My body image has never been good or great
Actually my body is something I’ve always loved to hate
But here in the recovery world and time
We learn that using words like “fat” is basically a crime

But what do you do when you work really hard
And then all the sudden what you learned seems to discard
Your old language resurfaces to tell you what to do
And you’re convinced that overnight you grew grew grew

Well this just happened to me like two days ago
And let me tell you boy does it blow
Not only is my eating disorder screaming horrible lies in my ear
But I’m committed to recovery – that much is clear

So I feel like I was tricked into something I didn’t ask for
But I do know that being sick is not what I want anymore
So I guess I must keep going with the plan we’ve already made
Even getting on the scale backwards in order to get weighed

My body image meltdown sucks a lot and I want it to end
But, I’m sure like with most of recovery there is more I need to mend
So in the meantime I will go the extra mile in making myself smile
Because staying the track will be worthwhile



No comments:

Post a Comment