Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A topic that needs to be talked about....


Suicide
By: Erin 

For those who do it or think about it, it is
An escape
Freedom from the hurt
Peace from pain
Unnervingly inviting
Interesting and Curious
The only way

For Loved ones it is
Unbearably heartbreaking
Distressing beyond belief
Filled with anguish
Tragic

In time and space it is
Permanent
Unalterable
Irreversible
Forever

For everyone it is
Quiet and cold
Uncomfortable
Sorrowful
Gloomy

For me it is
All of the above
And  
A Reminder of why I wake up in the morning
A reminder to keep fighting
A reminder to walk forward on my bad days
A reminder to live in the present
A reminder to appreciate and celebrate my friends
A reminder to do my best….. today

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Erin! Your willingness to share will help so many souls! I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete