Friday, February 17, 2012

A poem for my family :)


Hoping for Recovery
By: Erin 

Mother and Father I love you so
I was your princess, my King and Queen
Brother and Sisters I love you so
I was your comrade, my partners in crime
Hugs and Kisses – laughter too
Dancing and spinning, singing and talking

Darkness fell one horrid night
ED attacked, and terror jumped inside our home
 Ugly words, fear, hate and blame
Tears were never-ending

Exhaustion, frustration, anger
Exhaustion, frustration, anger
Exhaustion, frustration, anger

I ran from you and the darkness of our home
….darkness followed
At times terror consumed my very being
I wanted you, your warm embrace
You rescued me a number of times…. But tensions always returned

It is not until now
After facing the darkness
Do I see your Love
Was there always
Each day
Holding your breath
Hoping for
Recovery

No comments:

Post a Comment