Tuesday, February 14, 2012

You deserve love.... down to your beautiful soul.


The cycle will break
By: Erin 

A couple of these
A handful of those
A scoop of this
A sliver of that

Some binges started slow
The pace always quickened although

A pile of these
A fistful of those
A bowl of this
A slice of that

Some binges began at lightning speed
As my emotions took over like a stampede

In a last ditch effort to give myself what it cried out for
I ate and ate until my body could fit food no more
In a daze I would feel the physical pain by body was in
But that was nothing compared to the emotional pain that was hidden within

I would then turn to the only friend I could find
The porcelain bowl that was there every time
That object though not alive, brought comfort and relief that was true
For after I purged the food and pain I really did feel brand new

I ignored the pain in my throat and sometimes in my chest
Because I required that I smiled and did my best
But I broke down gradually, not all and abrupt
But it still turned my life upside down and caused great disrupt

But today I am alive, well, and unstuck from the horrid pattern and trap
But it still takes work, and did not happen in a snap
I love that I am not a slave to the need to binge and purge
But sometimes it takes my everything to fight that awful urge

It’s worth it though the long days, nights and even self-fights
Because when you pull away from your eating disorder your life reaches you heights
Remember you always deserve comfort other than a ceramic bowl
Like a hug from someone that loves you down to your beautiful soul

No comments:

Post a Comment