Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Anyone need a hug?


A Hug
By: Erin

A Hug
Makes my cold body warm
And calms my heart during a storm

A Hug
Silences the screaming thoughts in my head
Speaks words that cannot be said

A Hug
Adds love and joy to moments of thrill
It’s perfect for celebrating after climbing a hill

A Hug
Reminds me that through life I walk not alone
As I am held, muscle and bone

A Hug
Transfers energy from one person to the next
It is amazing to see its positive effects

Hugs help me on this journey and path
But remember it takes at least two to hug
Do the math

A Hug
Is the perfect example of our need for each other
For we are all sister and brother

A Hug
Demonstrates the power of a team
Especially when it feels we are walking upstream

A Hug
Symbolizes how we were built for community and love
That’s how He wanted it – the big guy above

A Hug
Relaxes the soul so we know it will be okay
Without there even being words to say


A Hug
Goes a million miles to
Heal the pain
Ease the strain
Release the blame
Remove the shame
Say I love you
Help us to get through
But most of all
Break down the wall
That keeps me from knowing you
After all
 We are both beautiful
That is true

No comments:

Post a Comment