Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Definition: JMU Girl


JMU girl
By: Erin

I’m tired of the grand definition
The stereotype people attach
To being a
J-M-U Girl

So let me broaden your perspective
To something far more respective

Of the women I know
And the girls that are under the skin below

Ambitious often
Yet knowing when their voices must soften
Kind-hearted more times than not
But still strong in knowing that they need a lot

People assume things that are half truths or lies
To make themselves feel better or encourage others we are unwise

And we do make bad decisions in our own way
But if you don’t, please stand up – right now and say:
“I’m perfect”

So lose the drama of calling us all words that bring everyone down low
For ultimately college is a place to learn and grow
So stop with the names and accusations
And if you want me to change or anyone at all – then love me or them enough
 to change your expectations




2 comments:

  1. Did Lebron climb that!? Haha...I just couldn't tell...Great poem btw!!!

    PS: she has gotten so big!!!!

    Love you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yeah, she climbed that pretty much by herself:) She has gotten big!! -- and she loves this picture. She keeps saying "when I come to JMU...." We're heading home tomorrow.... we've had a great time running every which way. Oh and she thinks she's famous now for being on the blog (like for real). hahah <3 see you soon girl xoxo

    ReplyDelete