Monday, March 19, 2012

Stressed? Yeah. Me too.


Stress
By: Erin

“Kill me now”
“This is impossible…. HOW?”
“I will never get this done.”
“I just want to be in the sun.”

Sweating bullets
Beating heart
I don’t even want to start

I can’t do this
I’m not good enough
This is going to be sooooo rough

Stop

Just stop for a moment
Breathe in breathe out
Let the oxygen work throughout

Make a list
Chug through it with time – persist
Take breaks as you need
Then continue on and proceed
Don’t forget to breathe in air
Stretch, stand or say a prayer
Then keep going – you’re almost done
Then you can play in the sun

For things a list won’t help or relieve
Remind yourself and try to believe
This stress will not last forever more
So ride it out as you’ve done before
Apply self-care
Here – there – everywhere
And don’t forget you are not on your own
We’re right here – just pick up your phone

Stress is real
We have to deal

 

No comments:

Post a Comment