Thursday, February 16, 2012

No one is average.....


Average
By: Erin 

As a little one my teachers said I was an average child
I guess they judged me by the way my clothes always had patterns that were wild
School was not my favorite thing to do
No, apparently I’d rather play, or talk and get to know you

But later in my kid years I grew to be afraid of that word
Average, mediocre, common, or third
For I knew in my heart there was something special inside me
And it was something I wanted others to see

So I showed off to all that I could
Studied more than I should
Convinced myself I had to be the best to be good
But really I misunderstood

I was never average, mediocre, or ordinary too
And my friend, the same goes for you
You have talents, gifts, quirks, and abilities unlike any other
It’s something you can do without your big brother

Some people dance, sing, or play
Others are natural at leading the way
Still others pay close attention to what must get done
And some people are great at having fun

No one is ordinary, common or average no matter how big or small
We’re each our own person, with our own talents and tastes
I think that’s better all in all

No comments:

Post a Comment